Skip to main content

Featured

How to Sheet Mask

I got out of the habit of using face masks over Winter but now that Spring is in the air and the current situation means that we all have a bit more free time on our hands, I've rebooted the mask obsession! Here are my top tips on using sheet masks... I’ll be the first to admit that when sheet masks first hit the beauty scene I was intimidated yet intrigued. I'd always been familiar with the skincare masks that came in tubs and tubes which you slather all over your face. Afterwards, these often involved a clean up operation of the inevitable mess left behind all over your hands and bathroom, then the annoying process of having to pick it out of your hair after washing it off…totally worth it! The idea of a single-use mask that was easy to apply and remove just didn’t compute. I decided to embrace the trend and let me tell you, I'm now hooked. Who knew beauty masks could be so quick and easy! What is a sheet mask? It’s quite literally a mask in sheet form, wit

Capture the Moment Challenge - Take One Photo Every Day

There's nothing better than a photograph for bringing back memories and truly capturing a moment. Imagine looking back through an album of your year in 365 photos and all the feelings and inspiration that this would contain... It would certainly be something very special.

So why not try taking a photo a day? There's no right or wrong way to take a photo, as we all see the World differently. You walk the streets to your own beat, you experience sunsets and sunrises from your unique standing point and you have your own special way of doing things, you should capture it all!

When I went back to my Mum's house a few weeks ago, we sat down with a huge pile of photographs looking back at moments we both shared. The photographs sparked such amazing memories and we often brought up different details about the places where we were and the stories behind the events captured.


Liverpool Rooftops

Burghley House Boathouse

Grosvenor House Hotel Sheffield

London Thames House Boats

Sheffield Urban Art

I'm naturally interested in gathering inspiration and one of my favourite ways to do this is through photography. You will always find me snapping anything and everything, from the most insignificant moment of my day to the most important. I think it's a great way to live in the moment and really notice our surroundings, keeping us grounded.

What you need: Any kind of camera. I mean iPhone, DSLR, film... Whatever you have is perfect.

You definitely have a camera so start snapping (no excuses!) . Find just a second a day to capture something, it could be the perfectly poached egg you had for breakfast or the bark texture of the tree at the end of your street.Whatever it is just take it, you noticed the moment and it was only promised to you on that day.

Taking a photo a day has allowed me to keep a visual diary of each and every day. I've been forced to be creative and to find the beautiful things in my everyday life. Another bonus is that my Instagram is looking a lot more interesting. The challenge may not come naturally at first and you will probably have to remind yourself to take a snap. In the early days I sometimes became frustrated that I couldn't find anything to capture, but trust me there's always something... just look up at the clouds in the sky.

After a while it will become second nature, like breathing. You'll experience and see things differently, becoming mindful of your surroundings. The end result will be a collection of images that showcase your life as a work of art, full to the brim with magical moments that will stay with you forever.

Dutch Canal Houses

Fireworks

Sheffield Graffiti

Poached eggs bagel

London Underground

Sunset Sheffield

Street Sign Graffiti

Tree silhouette

urban Rotterdam


Have you done the Photo-a-day Challenge? How did you stay inspired? Please share in the comments below.

K x


Comments

Popular Posts