Skip to main content

Featured

How to Sheet Mask

I got out of the habit of using face masks over Winter but now that Spring is in the air and the current situation means that we all have a bit more free time on our hands, I've rebooted the mask obsession! Here are my top tips on using sheet masks... I’ll be the first to admit that when sheet masks first hit the beauty scene I was intimidated yet intrigued. I'd always been familiar with the skincare masks that came in tubs and tubes which you slather all over your face. Afterwards, these often involved a clean up operation of the inevitable mess left behind all over your hands and bathroom, then the annoying process of having to pick it out of your hair after washing it off…totally worth it! The idea of a single-use mask that was easy to apply and remove just didn’t compute. I decided to embrace the trend and let me tell you, I'm now hooked. Who knew beauty masks could be so quick and easy! What is a sheet mask? It’s quite literally a mask in sheet form, wit

30 Minute Walking Challenge - Small Steps to Big Change

We can all fit many things into 30 minutes, like an episode of our favourite TV series, but are these activities good for our mental and physical health? ... Probably not.

When I find a spare 30 minutes I often manage to fill it by watching TV, chatting nonsense on the phone to a friend or ploughing through a packet of biscuits. However, none of these benefit my lifestyle in a positive way. I may think that these habits are helping me to unwind, but in reality, I'm left feeling more overwhelmed, anxious and guilty.

If you find yourself with 30 minutes spare use them to commit to your health and well-being by going for a walk.

Moon night sky mindfulness


30 Minute Walking Challenge

Rain nature mindfulness

Now, I know you're probably thinking "well this seems like a piece of cake and maybe a waste of time... 30 minutes of walking won't change my physical fitness so what's the point?" The truth is I thought the same, but then I discovered that after losing the negative mindset it does change you, one small step at a time. Looking back through all the photos I've taken on my 30 minute walks I'm filled with happiness and a sense of pride, and I've only featured a few of them in this post.

As much as I've tried to commit to working out, I always find myself slacking because I'm not enjoying myself and I'm uninspired. So, I'm starting small with a realistic and achievable goal. I've grown to learn that I'm not the kind of person that can hit the gym a couple of times a week, but I'm OK with that! If I can spend at least 30 minutes a day power walking in the great outdoors then I know I am making positive strides to changing my daily way of life. On top of this, adding a few of my favourite yoga routines into the week means that I am keeping fit in a way that makes me happy and I'm less likely to give up.

Nature walking health

Nature mindfulness wellness health

At the end of my walk, my head is clear, free from stress and I feel more confident from the inside out. These 30 minutes have come to affect my happiness everyday.

Here are a few hints and tips to get you started:

Get Started - No excuses, after all it's just walking! Make today the day, grab some comfortable trainers, loose clothes and start your walk. I bet you find yourself walking for longer and furhter than you expected to.

Find Time - Fit your walk in before work, on your lunch break or after work and enjoy the sunset. Whatever works best for you.

Get Creative - I love mixing up my routes. One day I'll walk through my neighborhood, the next I'll choose the local park. Look around you and try to discover new views, oddities and landmarks that you haven't noticed before... Explore!

Plug in or Plug Out - Try walking to your favourite tunes then try walking without any media distractions. Just you and the sounds of nature.

Health walks

So that's it, just 30 minutes a day. You can do it... it's a small goal with heaps of rewards. The challenge is all about the small steps and finding balance, but most importantly doing things that make us happy.

Where are your favourite places to walk? Will you take up the challenge? Please share in the comments below.

K x

Comments

Popular Posts