Skip to main content

Featured

How to Sheet Mask

I got out of the habit of using face masks over Winter but now that Spring is in the air and the current situation means that we all have a bit more free time on our hands, I've rebooted the mask obsession! Here are my top tips on using sheet masks... I’ll be the first to admit that when sheet masks first hit the beauty scene I was intimidated yet intrigued. I'd always been familiar with the skincare masks that came in tubs and tubes which you slather all over your face. Afterwards, these often involved a clean up operation of the inevitable mess left behind all over your hands and bathroom, then the annoying process of having to pick it out of your hair after washing it off…totally worth it! The idea of a single-use mask that was easy to apply and remove just didn’t compute. I decided to embrace the trend and let me tell you, I'm now hooked. Who knew beauty masks could be so quick and easy! What is a sheet mask? It’s quite literally a mask in sheet form, wit

Get the Ultimate Beach Waves with a DIY Sea Salt Spray

This easy home remedy is perfect for Summer beach waves...

I always love how my hair turns out after a day on the beach, when the sea, salt, wind and sun combine to create loose, carefree waves. This magic doesn't seem to happen anywhere else.








Of course you can buy products off the shelf to recreate the look but why bother when you can make your own sea salt spray at home. Get beach wavy hair, anytime, anywhere! I've tried and tested a few combinations, from research online, before settling on the recipe below. It works like a treat and smells like the beach too, with a tropical hint of coconut.

What you need: 
DIY Sea Salt Spray - An empty spray bottle
- 200ml warm water
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- An almond size amount of Conditioner

I used Himalayan sea salt as it is finely ground and contains a high amount of natural minerals, available for £2.99 at Holland & Barrett. The conditioner was just the one I'm currently using and also happens to contain coconut oil and lemon. However, any will do as this is just for hold, so that the waves stay in your hair.

Method:
Fill the spray bottle with the warm water, sea salt, coconut oil, lemon juice and conditioner. Reseal the top on the spray bottle and shake thoroughly until all ingredients have completely dissolved.

Apply to damp hair and scrunch towards the top of your head to create loose beach waves.

Let me know how this DIY went and please leave a comment below.

K x

Comments

Popular Posts