Skip to main content

Featured

How to Sheet Mask

I got out of the habit of using face masks over Winter but now that Spring is in the air and the current situation means that we all have a bit more free time on our hands, I've rebooted the mask obsession! Here are my top tips on using sheet masks... I’ll be the first to admit that when sheet masks first hit the beauty scene I was intimidated yet intrigued. I'd always been familiar with the skincare masks that came in tubs and tubes which you slather all over your face. Afterwards, these often involved a clean up operation of the inevitable mess left behind all over your hands and bathroom, then the annoying process of having to pick it out of your hair after washing it off…totally worth it! The idea of a single-use mask that was easy to apply and remove just didn’t compute. I decided to embrace the trend and let me tell you, I'm now hooked. Who knew beauty masks could be so quick and easy! What is a sheet mask? It’s quite literally a mask in sheet form, wit

5 Tips for Protecting your Skin from the Cold Winter Chill

When the weather starts getting colder my skin suffers from dryness, big time! So with the Winter months setting in I'm on a daily quest to banish any battles with dry skin and thought I'd share my tips with you.

The change in season grants that I very rarely offer handshakes due to the roughness of the skin on my palms and my lips become chapped and sore. This time last year I struggled to keep on top of my dry skin even though I knew it needed care and attention. However, I was snowed under with uni work and just let it slide. The result was sandpaper-like skin that even affected my shoulders, which are never usually susceptible.

Winter scene

This Winter I'm on a daily mission to fight off the dryness and maintain moisture in an effort to keep my skin looking dewy and healthy. Here's what I've got:

Layer up

Stay covered up and wear more of your wardrobe! I love layering up clothes to create cosy outfits that both keep you warm and protect your skin from being stung by the crisp, cold air. Wear turtle necks under dresses and jumpers. In the morning, apply a moisturizing hand cream and then pull on your mittens. Before bed massage your feet with a foot cream and sleep in some snug socks.

Winter skin

Seal in Moisture

This beauty tip is the easiest in the book and it involves an all time classic product - Vaseline. I take a small tin with me in my bag and rub it into my palms, between my fingers, on my lips and face... you name it. The Vaseline locks in moisture and protects chapped skin from the wind.

Midday Mist

For an afternoon refresh, mist rose water on your face and neck. The beautiful floral fragrance will not only perk up your mood but your skin will be re-hydrated and fresh. This Facial Spray by Mario Badescu is only £7.00 from Urban Outfitters and does just the job.

Rose Water Facial Mist

Drink, Drink, Drink

Moisture and hydration starts with a glass of water. I know that I don't drink anywhere near enough water so in an attempt to change this I've been keeping a refillable bottle handy and taking sips throughout the day to stay hydrated.

Soak up the Last of the Sun

Any minuscule moment the sun decides to make an appearance grab the chance to soak up some rays and absorb some Vitamin D. There's very little chance of getting a natural sun kissed glow but the sun will surely bring a smile to your face.

Winter sun


What are your dry skin tips and how do you prepare your skin for the Winter months? Please share in the comments below.

K x

Comments

Popular Posts