Skip to main content

Featured

How to Sheet Mask

I got out of the habit of using face masks over Winter but now that Spring is in the air and the current situation means that we all have a bit more free time on our hands, I've rebooted the mask obsession! Here are my top tips on using sheet masks... I’ll be the first to admit that when sheet masks first hit the beauty scene I was intimidated yet intrigued. I'd always been familiar with the skincare masks that came in tubs and tubes which you slather all over your face. Afterwards, these often involved a clean up operation of the inevitable mess left behind all over your hands and bathroom, then the annoying process of having to pick it out of your hair after washing it off…totally worth it! The idea of a single-use mask that was easy to apply and remove just didn’t compute. I decided to embrace the trend and let me tell you, I'm now hooked. Who knew beauty masks could be so quick and easy! What is a sheet mask? It’s quite literally a mask in sheet form, wit

How to Find your Perfect Hobbies and Stick with Them

Hobbies help me to get through the week as they provide the "me time" I need to just be myself, doing something I love. They help me to relax by concentrating my mind on something that ultimately makes me happy and as a result I feel recharged.

It's so easy to slip into a daily routine of: waking up, going to work, coming home, eating and then going to sleep. I've been there and done that for too many years and have come to learn that satisfying that inner craving for hobbies and interests is rewarding in so many ways.

Hygge living

My list of hobbies is never complete and I add to it and remove from it all the time. It's a work in progress and I often have a long list of things to try that I never actually get round to doing. I think that's where most people get stuck as the list seems daunting and overwhelming. So, let yourself take the leap and dive into your new hobby.

Here's how to choose a hobby, why they are important and how to actually stick with them.

Your Hobby List

Grab a pen and paper and jot down four hobbies that you are interested in starting. Try not to overthink this as the first four that pop up are usually the ones worth trying.

Write a hobby list

Here are mine:

1. Write a bullet journal (blog post coming soon!)
2. Start a ceramics collection
3. Create my own art to fill up some picture frames
4. Make one meal a week from a recipe book

Once you've got four hobbies chosen, pick one and try it out a couple of times a week. You shouldn't feel pressured to do it but once it becomes a regular habit it's easier, more rewarding and exciting.

Cooking hobby

What's the Point?

Hobbies are the ultimate stress relievers. They help me to unwind at the end of the day by focusing my mind on something that is truly for my own benefit. Doing something that makes me happy is such a boost and I feel more grounded in myself.

Hobbies improve confidence and self-esteem. They allow time for you to simply be yourself and enable you to try something new, developing your skills and interests. Don't limit yourself...

Ceramic collection

Just Go For It

The best way to start is to just take the leap and go for it. Who cares if you didn't stick with it, that hobby just wasn't the right one for you at that moment in time, you can always pick up where you left off when it feels right. However, making time for yourself is ultimately important and once you develop a routine that incorporates hobbies into your everyday life a refreshing balance will develop.

What is your hobby and how do you stick to it? Please share in the comments below.

K x

All images are my own

Comments

Popular Posts